Saturday, May 22, 2010

Gilly Hicks

There is an undergarment store in the Smith Haven Mall called Gilly Hicks, an off-shoot of Abercrombie and Fitch. I wandered in there by accident about a year and a half ago to check out the scene. When I realized it was all women's undergarments, I scurried out giving a quick wave to the model guarding the door.

Today, I was buying a pair of shoes for my mother (Easy Spirit slip-on, 7 1/2) when I passed by Gilly Hicks again. This time there was two models standing casually out front. One was an 'okay' looking 19-year-old girl; the other, a chiseled surfer dude, no shirt, watching people shop.

I figured, "what a way to drum up some business... If anything, half naked people would keep me far away from that particular establishment. I mean, Cinnabon doesn't hire fat slobs to stand in the front, maybe they should."

I am by no means am I a 'chunk' though I have gained a solid 40 lbs since I stopped writing this blog. In an attempt to shred the pounds (or at least make them look good), I decided to force myself to write a daily reflection, post a video or website, or whatever. The digibook lives once again. Enjoy this Panda freaking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment