Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Royal Flush


To date, I have dropped two cell phones and two iPods in the toilet over the course of my career as a person. That's four separate instances and, at this point, old hat. I remember another iPod moment. Probably the worst one...

It was Mother's Day 2008 and the Doda clan was meeting our extended family at Belmont Park for a fun day of betting on ponies and eating prime rib (made to order omelets as well). For one reason or another, I woke up hung over at Derek and Janine Downing's apartment and I only had 10 minutes to walk out the door with my family. I raced to my burgundy Chevy Blazer, hopped in the the drivers seat and slammed the door shut. It was only when I arrived home that I realized I turned my once proud iPod 8gb Nano into a right angle with said door. Apparently, my urgency to get home clouded my natural instincts to protect my property.

Just this morning I dropped my 32gb iPod Touch in the toilet post-shower but it still seems to work. If this ever happens to you, turn off the device, get some Uncle Ben's rice, a heat lamp, and a blow dryer. Do your best to remove all moisture you can and let it sit in the rice for two to three days. Turn on the device which is now working perfectly, boil up some water, add rice, have a lovely meal. Watch out, Blackberry. You're time will soon come.

No comments:

Post a Comment